KEiiNO Finally “Home”: More power here than in front of 30.000
22. November 2019, from NRK.no, translated by Karina Brandt/KEiiNO News/KEiiNO Fangroup
Fred-René Buljo wanted to give something back to home. So he brought KEiiNO with him home and held a free concert for all the youths in the village.
- We thought we had to give something back to Kautokeino. People have cheered and voted for us so we went to the Eurovision finale. This is our way of showing our gratitude, says Fred-René.
The last year has been busy for Fred-René Buljo, Alexandra Rotan and Tom Hugo i the band KEiiNO.
In May they were standing on the stage in Tel Aviv, in the finale of Eurovision Song Contest. There they won the viewers’ votes and landed in a sixth place.
Now the band has just come back from a tour in Australia and New York, but today it was the kids in Kautokeino who were in focus
At the concert the youths heard the new song, “Dancing in the smoke” and of course also the Eurovision-hit, “Spirit in the sky”.
- It was fantastic to see how the kids were glowing when they saw Fred on the stage, it was so funny. It is absolutely the best joik-response we have had so far, says Alexandra.
- Yes, there were more power in the joik here, than when we sang for 30.000 in Madrid, says Tom.
It’s the two others in the band are in Kautokeino, which the band KEiiNO is named after.
- It was really fun to come home. When I heard the kids here joik to “Spirit in the sky”, I was really moved, I almost wasn’t able to joik myself. But it was a really nice experience, says Fred-René-
The youth was satisfied too
- It is fantastic that KEiiNO comes here, it was an amazing experience to be at a concert with them, says Johan Hætta Begic (15).
- KEiiNO has become quite famous so its really something that they took the trip here to Fred’s homebase, says Jonas Leander Triumf (15).
The Headmaster in Masi thinks the atmosphere was at the top.
- Really great atmosphere and a lot of kids, says headmaster Anton Dahl at Masi school.
The kids had been looking so much forward to the concert, says Dahl.
They had also taken the trip to the community center to be at the concert with the big hero of the village